1. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We have a contact form that sends information to email@example.com as an email. We use any personal information to
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
At the moment we don’t offer the functionality on this site to edit or publish articles except for administrators. For administrators, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google advertising cookies
Adverts provided through the Google AdSense service are displayed on some pages of this web site. Cookies are used to serve ads based on your previous visits to this and other websites. Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet. You may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
2. Who we share your data with
- Information about our customers and their privacy is important to Estuary Home. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Business transfers – If we sell or merge Estuary Home, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws – We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
3. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
4. Where we send your data
This website is hosted by a 3rd party with servers in the UK. However, this may be changed and we may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, the following safeguards may be relied upon:
- Standard data protection clauses – use of EC approved contractual terms to protect individuals’ data protection rights
- EU-US Privacy Shield – transfers to US companies that are members of the EU-US Privacy Shield and have agreed to protect individuals’ data protection rights
- Binding Corporate Rules – transfers to companies that have internal rules to protect individuals’ data protection rights which have been approved by a national data protection authority
- Approved code of conduct or a certification scheme – transfers to entities that have adopted and committed to adhere to an approved code of conduct or a certification scheme that safeguards data protection rights.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
5. How to contact me
For purposes of EU data protection law, Estuary Home is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org